Mission and Values
Institutional Mission Statement
Moravian College’s liberal arts education prepares each individual for a reflective life, fulfilling careers, and transformative leadership in a world of change.
Mission Statement of Moravian Theological Seminary
Moravian Theological Seminary offers graduate and continuing education programs that equip persons with the knowledge, skills, and being to engage in vocations in ministry, chaplaincy, counseling, spiritual direction and other settings. Rooted in the Moravian heritage of ecumenism and service, we welcome students preparing to serve in diverse socioeconomic, intercultural, and interfaith contexts.
Statement of Core Values
Moravian Theological Seminary upholds these core values
- cultivating community among faculty, students, and staff
- excellence in teaching, scholarship, leadership, and service
- hospitality and open and affirming engagement with diverse people and cultures
- continual inquiry and reflection
- lifelong spiritual, vocational, and personal growth
- nurturing each person’s unique best self, including personal faith tradition
- integrity in our work
- faithful advocacy for justice in local, national, and global contexts
- openness to God's calling to new directions and stewardship of life and faith
- commitment to the call to serve God and humanity by bearing witness to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- serving as a resource in support of the ministries of the worldwide Moravian Church.