The Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the US and Canada
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Telephone: 412-788-6505 • Fax: 412-788-6510
Visit Website: www.ats.edu
As a part of the corporate institution called MORAVIAN UNIVERSITY, comprising both a liberal arts university and the theological seminary, the Seminary is also accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education and the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
The Seminary is approved by the University Senate of the United Methodist Church for the education of United Methodist ministers.
Why choose an accredited school?
When you choose a school that is accredited you are assured that:
- the institution has met quality standards that are reviewed by an independent organization.
- the institution is committed to the on-going improvement of education through a self-evaluation process that fosters excellence and obtains professional judgment from impartial outsiders
- the institution is committed to validating the integrity of its programs and the integrity of its student transcripts
And . . .
- student loans can be deferred when you attend an accredited school
- if you pursue a counseling degree, you will be required to have attended an accredited school in order to obtain licensure and insurance
- choosing an accredited seminary enables you to continue your education in an accredited doctoral program
- should you begin a program and wish to transfer credits to another school, accredited schools will not normally accept credits from a non-accredited school
- attendance at an accredited school is required for those desiring to enter the military chaplaincy
- accredited schools must have a library with quality resources to support research